Orange Pistachio Cocktail Cookies
These Orange Pistachio Cocktail Cookies are the perfect combination of sweet, nuts, and citrus!
- 1 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, at room temp.
- 3/4 crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange flower water
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk
- Kosher salt for sprinkling
Preparation time 75mins
Cooking time 90mins
Preheat an oven to 325°F.
Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and roast until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool, then coarsely chop. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter, cheese, sugar, orange zest, and orange flower water with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, mix the flours. Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix well, stopping and scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Add the milk and mix until incorporated. Mix in the reserved nuts.
Divide the dough in half and shape into logs, 6 inches long and 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, twisting the ends, to help firm the dough. Chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours or in the freezer for about 30 minutes to further firm the dough. (The dough can be kept frozen for up to 1 month; remove from the freezer to temper overnight in the refrigerator before slicing it.)
Preheat the oven at least 20 minutes before baking. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or spray them with cooking spray.
Cut the dough into 1/4 inch thick rounds and place about 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Sprinkle lightly with salt. Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, until cookies are lightly golden on the bottom and still pale on top. Let cool.
You'll also love
- Christmas Pecan Balls 4.6/5 (311 Votes)
- Almond Madeleines 4.4/5 (112 Votes)
- Foil Wrapped Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Carraba's Blackberry Sangria 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Strawberry Congealed Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Greek Festival Lemon Rice Pilaf 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sour Orange, Red Cabbage and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cuban Pulled Pork Tacos with Guava... 0/5 (0 Votes)