Bacon Tomato Mini Tarts
- 1 pound low sodium bacon cut into small slices (crosswise) and cooked to crispy
- 1 package grape tomatoes cut into quarters
- 1/2 cup diced white onion
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1 (7.5 ounce) package of refrigerated flaky biscuits
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
When the bacon is cooked and crispy, drain it on paper towels and let it cool. With your knife, cut it into slightly smaller pieces but don't make it into tiny bits and crumbles. You want to still taste the bacon chunks. Mix the bacon, tomatoes, onion, cheese, garlic, mayo and herbs in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
Open your biscuits. Separate each biscuit with your fingers into 3 thin disks instead of just one. You'll need a mini muffin pan if you want your tarts to have a "middle." If you don't have a mini muffin pan, you can have mini "pizzas" instead by using a regular-sized muffin pan. If you have the mini muffin pan, take each biscuit disk and urge it into the muffin hole so it slides to the bottom and up the sides to form a tart crust. You can use your knuckle to get the middle of the crust to go to the bottom. If you are using a regular-sized muffin pan, the biscuit dough will just sort of sit flat in the bottom of the muffin indentation.
Put a heaping teaspoon of mixture in each indentation. The whole mixture and the biscuit dough will make 24 tarts or mini "pizzas." Bake them at 350 degrees for 12 to 14 minutes until browned on the edges. Let them cool slightly in the pan and then remove to let them cool. You can serve warm, room temperature or even store refrigerated and then re-heat and serve later.
You'll also love
- Sausage and Grits Casserole 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Italian Turkey Sliders with Honey... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crispy Potato Sopes (Masa Boats)... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Coconut Mango Grilled Fish With... 3.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Swiss Pork and Mushrooms 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto Dip 4/5 (3 Votes)
- Cuban Flank Steak with Avocado and... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese &... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)