Coconut Mango Grilled Fish With Rice
Grilled Mahi Mahi with a tangy salsa marinade … cilantro, ginger and mango. Served over coconut and ginger flavored Thai Jasmine rice.
- 4 Mahi Mahi fillets (about 1-inch thick)
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
- 2 1/2 Tbsps fresh ginger root, grated (divided)
- 1 large mango, peeled, seeded, diced
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) light coconut milk, divided
- 1 cup Mahatma® Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 cup water
Adapted from mahatma.com
In a large bowl, combine ½ cup cilantro, 1½ tablespoons ginger, diced mango, brown sugar, lime juice and 6 ounces lite coconut milk.
Reserve one cup of this mixture, cover and refrigerate. Purée remaining mixture.
Place fish fillets in large plastic or glass dish.
Pour puréed mixture; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Preheat grill to medium heat and lightly coat grill rack with oil or cooking spray.
Remove fillets from marinade and place on prepared grill rack.
Cook the fish, brushing several times with puréed marinade, until it is cooked through and opaque in the center, turning fish after 4 to 5 minutes, until desired doneness.
In a medium saucepan combine rice, water, remaining coconut milk, and remaining ginger and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.
Fluff with a fork and stir in remaining cilantro.
To serve, divide rice evenly on the center of four plates.
Top with one cooked fish fillet. Spoon 1/4 cup reserved marinade/salsa over fish.
Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
You'll also love
- tuna helper 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Roast Beef Sandwich 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Swiss Pork and Mushrooms 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Artichoke Lemon Pesto Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Bisquick Strawberry Shortcake 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Lime-Laced Chili Verde with Shrimp... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Sole Almondine 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Coconut Flour 4.4/5 (7 Votes)