Cuban Flank Steak with Avocado and Tomato Salad
This was dinner last night. It was very savory and filling. The recipe is from the Flat Belly Diet cookbook, and I have adjusted it slightly. It was very easy to prepare. I marinated the flank steak all day in the mojo sauce. It made the steak absolutely delicious, and the avocado and tomato salad was an excellent accompaniment.
- For the Mojo Sauce -
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbls orange juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbls water
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Hand full of fresh cilantro
- 1 flank steak
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 4 Tbls finely chopped red onion
Place all of the Mojo Sauce ingredients in a small food processor, or blender. I have a “Bullet” which I love and is perfect for making the mojo sauce.
Place the flank steak in a zip lock bag or shallow dish. Add the sauce; l let marinate in refrigerator for 2 hour to overnight.
Remove the flank steak from the marinade; place remaining marinade in saucepan. Let steak stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Grill the flank steak to your desired doneness. As you can see from the picture, we like ours on the rare side. Let the cooked steak stand for 10 minutes before thinly slicing across the grain.
Bring the marinade in the saucepan to a boil. Let it cook for several minutes; it will begin to thicken.
Place the avocado, tomato and onion into a bowl. Add the heated mojo sauce to the salad. Serve on the side of the steak, or on top. Your preference.
You'll also love
- Portuguese Fisherman's Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Rachael Ray's Blush Pasta 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Stuffed Cabbage (Galumpki /Golabki) 4.7/5 (3 Votes)
- White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (57 Votes)
- Roasted Tomato and Cannellini Bean... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato... 3.9/5 (51 Votes)