Nana's Small Fried Apple Pies
Nana's Small Fried Apple Pies are the perfect summertime treat, because they are incredibly easy to make and they are easy to eat one-handed. Made from pre-packaged frozen pie crust, fresh apple, zesty cinnamon, and vanilla, these hand pies have all the flavors of apple pie but in the palm of your hand. This recipe will especially be loved by those who love the crust on pie.
- 2 Pillsbury pie crusts
- 2 apples
- 1/4 cup sugar optional
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1 teaspoon softened butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Peel the apples and chop them up. Put them in a pot with the sugar and cinnamon. Heat on low until apples are soft and sugar is dissolved. Remove from pot and mash into very small chunks.
Roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured board. Using a 3 inch cookie cutter, cut out about 7 circles.
Place a scant teaspoon of the cooked apples in the middle of the round.
Using very cold water and your fingers, wet all the way around the pie, fold it over and crimp edges with the fork and make a slit in the top.
Put a little oil in a skillet and let it get hot first, then place the little pies in the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
Take them out of the oil when they are cooked and place on a wire rack with paper towels on them so that will take off the excess oil.
Whisk icing ingredients together until smooth and drizzle over warm pies. Serve.
You'll also love
- Cast Iron Potatoes 4.1/5 (46 Votes)
- Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Sparkling Apple Cider Pound Cake 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Citrus Butter Cookies 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Apple Nachos 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream... 4.4/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate Raspberry Cupcakes 4.4/5 (27 Votes)