Beer Battered Fried Avocado Wedges
- 1 cup lager or ale
- 1 cup all p flour
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 avocados
- oil for frying
- 1 cup salsa (to serve with them)
Whisk beer, flour, paprika, garlic (I added 1/2 tsp salt) until blended. Let stand at least 2 hours.
Peel avocados, cut each into 6 wedges. Dredge each wedge in batter. Deep fry until golden.
This was great with onions, too! That batter is definitely a keeper for me.
If your avocados are ripe and you refrigerate them, they hold their shape better for cutting.
You'll also love
- Ground Beef Stew 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Pork Chops in the Pressure Cooker 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sliced Sweet Potato Pie 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Cabbage & Noodles with Bacon 4.3/5 (40 Votes)
- Apple Pecan Coffee Cake 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Pink Lemonade Jello Shots 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Mango Avocado Spiced Chicken Salad 4.6/5 (17 Votes)