Sweet Chili Shrimp Tacos
- 1 lb uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce (add more for a spicier sauce)
Adapted from navywifecook.com
1. In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with the cornstarch, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients. Set aside.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and shallot and cook for 40 seconds.
4. Add the shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes or until pink. Add the sauce and stir to coat all the shrimp.
5. Fill each soft taco wrapper with shredded lettuce and top with shrimp and sauce.