Easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
- 4 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/8 inch
- ... 1/2 lb Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small yellow onion, minced
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Adjust oven rack to the middle position and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the potatoes, cream, milk, thyme, bay leaves, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Cover and keep simmering for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes are almost tender.
Remove and discard bay leaves. Transfer 1/3 of potato mixture to 3-quart gratin dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of all three cheeses and the bacon. Add another 1/3 layer of both and then the rest. End up sprinkling the top with a light layer of parmesan cheese.
Bake until the cream has thickened and is bubbling around the sides and the top is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
You'll also love
- Scary Easy Werther's Caramel Apples 4.5/5 (48 Votes)
- crockpot macaroni and cheese 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Oatmeal Berry Crumble 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Crab Cakes with Spicy Remoulade... 4.5/5 (39 Votes)
- Hasselback Potatoes with Garlic &... 4.6/5 (29 Votes)
- Grilled Salmon with Rigatoni and... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Crab Stuffed Flounder 4/5 (94 Votes)
- Creamy Scalloped Potatoes 4.7/5 (21 Votes)