Shrimp and Grape Salad With Dill
- 2 lbs medium shrimp, deveined and steamed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise (preferably Hellmann's)
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, chopped (or to taste)
- 2 cups green seedless grapes, washed and patted dry (get firm ones that POP in your mouth)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaf
Shrimp can also be boiled, but tend to lose some flavor to the water that way. Peel and transfer shrimp to a large bowl to cool.
In a separate small bowl, whisk the sour cream, mayonnaise and dill together well.
Pour the dressing over the shrimp and toss gently. Add the grapes and salt and pepper to taste, then toss once more and refrigerate, covered, for at least four hours. DO NOT SKIP THE REFRIGERATION STEP; THE SHRIMP NEED TO ABSORB THE DRESSING!
Just before serving, taste and correct the seasoning, then toss again. Arrange on a platter of lettuce leaves and serve immediately. Serves 6 portions as a main course; 8 portions as a first course.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread... 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Cornbread & Jalapeño Meatloaf 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Apple Cranberry Pot Roast 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Coconut Rice with Sweet Chili Sauce 4.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Garlic... 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Smokey Shrimp & Tomato Bisque 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Grapefruit Honey Smoothie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)