Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle
Layered pound cake with a creamy pudding mixture and fresh berries is a perfect dessert for any patriotic holiday, or a way to enjoy summer fresh berries.
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen pound cake, thawed and cubed
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional blueberries and raspberries, optional
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 140mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, 2% milk and pudding mix for about 2 minutes. Fold in sour cream. In another bowl, toss blueberries and raspberries with lemon juice.
In a greased 9-in. springform pan, layer half of the cake cubes, half of the berry mixture and half of the pudding mixture; repeat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving.
To serve, remove rim from springform pan. Serve with whipped topping and, if desired, additional berries. Yield: 12 servings.