Oatmeal Berry Crumble
- 3 cups frozen or fresh mixed berries
- 2/3 cup organic whole cane sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour (or finely ground oats)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of warm melted coconut oil
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from freecoconutrecipes.com
1. In a medium sized casserole dish (2.5 quart) place berries.
2. In a small bowl, mix together 1/3 cup of sugar, 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and 1 teaspoon of nutmeg.
3. Sprinkle over berries and mix into them, coating the fruit.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together oat flour, brown rice flour, gluten-free rolled oats, 1/3 cup of sugar, and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon.
5. Pour in 3/4 of warm melted coconut oil and stir until the crumble begins to form.
6. Place the crumble on top of the berries, patting gently to make it all fit, but leaving it loose on top.
7. Cover with glass lid.
8. Bake covered for 45 minutes at 350 F and then for another 15 minutes uncovered.
9. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
10. Serve warm or cool and enjoy!
Recipe submitted by Emily, Ottawa
You'll also love
- Red, White & Blue Berry Trifle 4.6/5 (29 Votes)