Lemon-Garlic Shrimp & Garlic Butter Pasta
The lemon and garlic complement the shrimp perfectly in this tasty combination that is served over angel hair pasta.
- GARLIC BUTTER PASTA:
- 12 to 16 ounces medium shrimp (without heads), peeled and deveined, tails intact (I used frozen, thawed)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced (about 1 1/2-teaspoons)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper, optional
- Juice of half a lemon (about 2 1/2-tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes (can use fresh)
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 stick (4-tablespoons) salted butter
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese for serving, optional
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 20mins
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, garlic, and cayenne and cook until the shrimp are done, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly. (May need to reduce the heat a little to keep the garlic from burning.)
Remove from the heat and stir in 3 tablespoons water, the lemon juice, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
For the pasta:
Cook the pasta in boiling, salted water as directed on package.
Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small saucepan, or microwave it in a bowl. Stir in the garlic powder and set aside until pasta is done.
When pasta is done, drain well in a colander. Pour pasta back into the cooking pot; drizzle the garlic butter over it and toss around until pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
To serve, plate individual servings of the pasta; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired. Top with shrimp and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- White Wedding Cake Cupcakes 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Honey Sesame Baked Chicken 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Strawberry Rhubarb Cake/Muffins 4.2/5 (55 Votes)
- Smokey Shrimp & Tomato Bisque 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Garlic-Parmesan Tilapia 4.6/5 (26 Votes)
- Baked Ziti 4.7/5 (23 Votes)