Aunt Jean’s Gluten-Free Rum Cake
Aunt Jean’s Gluten-Free Rum Cake is the perfect recipe to satisfy your rum cake cravings without sacrificing your gluten-free lifestyle. Filled with the rich burnt sugary flavors of rum and chopped pecans, this recipe is makes a perfect cake for any celebratory occasion or festive event. Finish a family dinner with this rich cake or gift to family and friends for any occasion.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (about 20-ounce) Gluten-free Yellow cake mix, Betty Crocker gluten-free mix will not work
- 1 (3.75-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/4 cup water
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 55mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Prepare pan by carefully oiling and flouring the pan, I use sorghum flour usually. Spread pecans evenly around your bundt pan.
Mix cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water, oil, and rum in the bowl of a stand mixer for two minutes on medium speed. Increase the speed to high and beat for a minute longer. Pour over pecans in bundt pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, until toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan while you make the glaze.
Mix glaze ingredients in saucepan and bring to a low boil. Once all the sugar is dissolved, remove the pan from heat. Prick bottom of cake and slowly spoon about a fourth of the glaze over the bottom of the cake, being careful to make sure it doesn’t run over the sides. Let the cake sit in the pan absorbing the glaze for about half an hour. After glaze is absorbed invert cake onto a plate. Pour the rest of the glaze over the top of the cake and let sit for at least an hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (54 Votes)
- Rudy's Potato Salad 3.3/5 (23 Votes)
- Zucchini Soup 3.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Pearl's Cobbler 3.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crawfish & Andouille Cornbread... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- 10 Egg Pound Cake 4/5 (1 Votes)
- Passover Matzo Farfel Stuffing 3.7/5 (11 Votes)
- Basic Cocktail Wieners 3.3/5 (11 Votes)