Paleo Instant Pot Thai Carrot Soup - A Whole Foods Knock-Off
If you've ever tried the Thai Carrot Soup from Whole Foods this recipe tastes just like it - DELICIOUS! Using an Instant pot makes preparation a breeze. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or other fat
- 1 medium yellow onion, rough chop
- 1 1/4 pound carrots, rough chop
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, with seeds, rough chop (optional...the seeds provide the heat so remove if you like to temper it)
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger,use a Microplane and you will thank me!!
- 4 cups broth, veggie or chicken
- 1 teaspoon sea salt OR 1 tablespoon fish sauce (to taste for saltiness)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Cilantro, chopped (added in after cooking, before pureeing)
- 1/2 cup cream or full fat coconut milk
- 20 drops Stevia or 3 tablespoons honey, optional
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from tessadomesticdiva.com
Using the saute feature, heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté for 3 to 5 minutes to soften but not brown.
Add in the chopped carrot and pepper, sauteing for a couple of minutes.
Add in the broth and all the spices, stirring.
Lock the lid and set manual pressure for 12 minutes.
When time is up, do a quick release, unlock the lid, add the cilantro, and puree the soup in a blender, food processor, or try using your immersion blender.
Add back to pot and stir in the cream and stevia (if using).
You'll also love
- Slow Cooker Loaded Corn Chowder 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- Sunny's Easy Vietnamese Iced Coffee 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Tornado Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Healthy Matcha Green Tea Fudge... 3.8/5 (15 Votes)
- Pork and Noodle Soup with Shiitake... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Chicken or Turkey chili 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pumpkin Soup 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Coca-Cola Chicken... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)