Spiced Blueberry-Peach Jam Without Added Pectin
- 4 cups chopped or ground peaches - (abt 4 lbs peaches)
- 4 cups blueberries - (abt 1 qt fresh blueberries or 2 10-oz pkgs unsweetened frozen berries)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon whole clove
- 1/4 teaspoon whole allspice
To prepare fruit. Sort and wash fully ripe peaches; peel and remove pits. Chop or grind peaches.
Sort, wash, and remove any stems from fresh blueberries. Thaw frozen berries.
To make jam. Measure fruits into a kettle; add lemon juice and water. Cover, bring to a boil, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add sugar and salt; stir well. Add spices tied in cheesecloth. Boil rapidly, stirring constantly, to 9 degrees above the boiling point of water (221 degrees) or until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat; take out spices. Skim. Fill and seal containers. Process 5 minutes in boiling water. Remove jars; cool and store.
This recipe yields 6 or 7 half-pint jars.
You'll also love
- Grilled Whole Catfish 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer... 3.9/5 (62 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Jello Salad/Dessert 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Quinoa & Butternut Squash with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Peach & Blackberry Galette 4.1/5 (16 Votes)
- Mimi’s Blueberry Monkey Bread W.... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Tennessee Peach Pudding 3.8/5 (43 Votes)
- Spiced Ginger Peach Jam 4.3/5 (9 Votes)