Grilled Whole Catfish
- BASTING SAUCE:
- 6 whole catfish - (abt 1 to 1 1/2 lbs ea) cleaned
- 4 ounces butter - (1 stick) melted
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt, preferably Kosher
- 1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
Whisk together basting sauce ingredients.
Place catfish on well-oiled grill or grilling basket over medium coals. Grill, basting frequently for about 20 minutes; turn and continue grilling for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This recipe yields 6 servings.