Blueberry Waffle Cone Ice Cream
- ICE CREAM:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups crushed waffle cones
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant cheesecake or vanilla pudding mix
- 1 quart heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Adapted from tncp.net
In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
Gradually stir in water until smooth.
Stir in blueberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the ice cream ingredients.
Fill ice cream freezer cylinder two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
Refrigerate remaining mixture until ready to freeze.
Whisk before adding to ice cream freezer (mixture will have some lumps).
Crumble the waffle cones.
In a large container, layer the ice cream, waffle cones and blueberry sauce three times; swirl.
You'll also love
- Pressure Cooker Applesauce 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Swirled Blackberry Cheesecake 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Blackberry & Basil Dessert Bites 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Blueberry Malt Milkshake 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
Review this recipe