Twice-Baked Potatoes (Pioneer Woman)
- 8 baking potatoes, washed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 cup bacon bits (fry your own!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar or Jack cheese (or a mix of both), plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 110mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the potatoes on a baking sheet. Rub them with the canola oil and bake for 1 hour, making sure they're sufficiently cooked through.
Slice the butter into pats. Place in a large mixing bowl and add the bacon bits and sour cream. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Lower the heat to 350°F.
With a sharp knife, cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scrape out the insides into the mixing bowl, being careful not to tear the shell. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support. Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
Smash the potatoes into the butter, bacon, and sour cream. Add the cheese, milk, seasoned salt, green onions, and black pepper to taste and mix together well. (IMPORTANT: If you plan to freeze the twice-baked potatoes, do NOT add the green onions.)
Fill the potato shells with the filling. I like to fill the shells so they look abundant and heaping. Top each potato with a little more grated cheese and pop 'em in the oven until the potato is warmed through, 15 to 20 minutes or freeze them before cooking them. Once frozen, place potatoes on a baking sheet and pop them in a 350°F oven for about 30 to 40 minutes or until they are warmed through and slightly browned. They will keep for up to 3 months in your freezer.
You'll also love
- Benihana Shrimp Sauce 4.1/5 (25 Votes)
- Spicy Fish Balls. 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Raspberry Lemon Jello Salad/Dessert 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Potato-Topped Turkey Pot Pie 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Quinoa & Butternut Squash with... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage, cabbage & potato... 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Cheeseburger Quesadillas 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Tornado Potatoes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)