Mimi’s Blueberry Monkey Bread W. W. Points Plus 7
- 3/4 cup Texas blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuit dough
- 3/4 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup canned vanilla frosting
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
About 15 minutes before baking, macerate blueberries with sugar and place biscuit dough cans into freezer.
Preheat oven to the temperature specified on the rolls. Spray a 9-by-9-inch square, round or loaf pan with nonstick spray.
Remove cans from freezer and open. Tear each biscuit into small pieces and place into a large mixing bowl. Pour in 1/2 cup of the maple syrup and add blueberries, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of pecans and 1 tablespoon of the cinnamon and mix well by hand.
When the mixture is well incorporated, pour it into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Microwave the frosting in a glass container for about 20 seconds, or until it can be poured.
Drizzle top of bread with remaining 1/4 cup of maple syrup, then the softened frosting. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1/4 cup of pecans.
Cool and remove from the pan and place it on a serving dish. Slice and serve.
Servings: 16. Serving size: 1 slice. Per serving: 270 calories, 4.6 g protein, 5 g fat, 49.1 g carbohydrates, 2.1 g dietary fiber, 585 mg sodium, 21.3 g sugars
You'll also love
- Potato Salad with Olives 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Freezer Meal Sloppy Joes 4.3/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Corn, Avocado & Tomato... 3.7/5 (98 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Scone Domes 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
Review this recipe