- 1/2 c. sweetened dried
- 1 c. hot water
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 T. sugar
- 4 t. baking powder
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1-1/2 c. milk
- 1/4 c. butter
- 1/4 c. shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. canned pumpkin
Adapted from gooseberrypatch.com
Combine berries and water in a small bowl. Let stand for 10 minutes;
drain and set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spices in a large bowl; stir with a fork until blended. Combine milk, butter and shortening in a small saucepan over low heat; cook until melted. Cool slightly.
In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and pumpkin; stir in milk mixture. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. Fold in berries. Pour batter by 1/2 cupfuls onto a lightly greased preheated waffle iron; cook according to manufacturer’s directions.
Makes 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Loaded Baked Potato Dip 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Texas Beef Chili 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Avocado & Hearts of Palm Chop Chop... 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Basil Balsamic Jelly 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Perfect Cornbread 4.7/5 (6 Votes)
- Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Crescent Zucchini Pie 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Simple Strawberry Jello Cake 4.5/5 (4 Votes)