Zucchini with Rice and Coconut Milk
- 3 – 4 cups of zucchini – sliced
- 1 onion – sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic – chopped
- Healthy handful of fresh basil – sliced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon – lemon juice
- 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Heat a sauce pan with the olive oil and add the onion, garlic and zucchini. Let this sauté for about 1 minute. Add the chicken broth, lemon juice, fresh basil and seasonings.
Simmer this on low until the zucchini become soft and the onion is transparent. This will take about 30 – 35 minutes.
Add the coconut milk with the zucchini is cooked. Simmer for another minute or two and adjust the seasonings to taste.
Prepare the rice as directed.