Potato And Bacon Frenchy
- BASIC FRENCH OMELET:
- 2 teaspoon olive oil divided
- 6 egg whites whipped
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- POTATO AND BACON FILLING:
- 4 slices low-fat bacon cooked, crumbled
- 2 medium potatoes cooked, peeled, and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons choped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated fat-free cheddar cheese
Heat 1 teaspoon of the oil over high heat in a skillet with a rounded bottom and sloping sides. In a mixing bowl, whip your egg whites, water, salt, and black pepper together, using a fork. Pour egg mixture into skillet. Cook over moderately-high heat until the bottom is set. Using a spatula, move the cooked mixture to the center and allow the uncooked mixture to flow into the bottom of the pan.
When cooked, the omelet should be barely brown on the bottom, soft and moist in the center. Spoon the filling down the center of the omelet. Using a spatula and starting from the handle side, fold one third of the omelet over the center. With a heated serving plate in one hand, grasp the skillet in the other, palm up and tilt so the omelet rolls over onto the plate.
For Potato And Bacon Filling: Cook bacon in a large skillet. Then, drain on paper towel and crumble. Heat skillet again and add remaining oil. Then, add potatoes, onions, and bacon again. Cook until onions are tender. Lower heat. Cover and keep warm. Spoon half the filling onto each Basic French Omelet. Sprinkle each with parsley and cheddar cheese just before folding.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Sour Cream & Bacon... 4.4/5 (325 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (293 Votes)
- Mandarin Orange Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crawfish Omelette 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down French Toast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bell Pepper Rajas 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Castellane Pasta With Sausage,... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tarragon Roast Turkey With Vermouth 0/5 (0 Votes)