- 1 pound cooked crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-cracked black peeper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
In a heavy-bottomed saute pan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic, mushrooms and green onions. Saute three to five minutes or until vegetables are wilted. Add crawfish, green onions and parsley. Continue to saute an additional five minutes.
In a small mixing bowl, place eggs and milk. Using a wire whisk, beat until well blended. Season to taste using salt, pepper and Worcestershire.
Pour egg-milk mixture over crawfish and stir gently. When eggs are set, turn omelette onto a platter. Garnish with fresh parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.