Bell Pepper Rajas
- 1/2 green bell pepper seeded, and cut into 6 strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper seeded, and cut into 6 strips
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper seeded, and cut into 6 strips
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese - (3 oz)
- 2 tablespoons chopped ripe olives
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Cut bell pepper strips crosswise in half. Arrange close together in ungreased broiler-proof pie pan, 9 by 1 1/4 inches, or round pan, 9 by 2 inches. Sprinkle with cheese, olives and red pepper.
Set oven control to Broil. Broil peppers with tops 3 to 4 inches from heat about 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
This recipe yields 6 appetizer servings.