Rigatoni with Sausage and Tomato Cream Sauce
Tubes of rigatoni hold the tomato sauce, giving you a burst of creamy flavor with every bite. Use either hot or mild Italian sausage here, depending on your preference.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mild or hot Italian sausages, casings removed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree (from a 15-ounce can) 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 pound rigatoni
- Grated parmesan cheese, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from FW.com
In a large frying pan, heat the oil over moderate heat. Add the sausage and cook, breaking up the meat with a fork, until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. With a slotted spoon, remove the sausage from the pan. Discard all but 1 tablespoon fat.
Reduce the heat to moderately low. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook until it almost evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in the sausage, tomatoes, and salt. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Add the pepper, parsley, and cream.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rigatoni until just done, about 14 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce. Serve with grated Parmesan.
You'll also love
- Corn Muffins with Honey Butter 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Roll Cake 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon Cheeseburger Dip 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Double Tomato Bruschetta 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Roasted Shrimp and Orzo 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- CREAMY SAUSAGE AND TOMATO RAVIOLI 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Mexican Rigatoni and Cheese 4.5/5 (4 Votes)