- 2 pounds ground lean pork
- 1 pound ground fat pork
- 1 large onion minced, very fine
- 1 garlic clove, ground or minced fine
- 1 TB salt
- 2 tsp Tabasco Hot Pepper Sauce
- 2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 TB minced parsley
- 1 bay leaf, crushed fine
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- Casings, well-washed (purchase from your butcher) or to form into patties
Combine pork, fat pork, onion, and clove, with salt, Tabasco Hot Pepper Sauce, black pepper, thyme,parsley,bay leaf, 1/4 tsp ground allspice. Mix thoroughly and use to stuff well-washed casings (purchase from your butcher) or to form into patties.
In either case, pan fry or bake on a rack over roasting pan just till crisp but not dry.
Makes 6 servings.
Freeze to thaw and prepare within 4 months.