Turkey Taco Spaghetti Squash Boats
This is a great way to eat spaghetti squash! Filled with the most flavorful turkey taco meat, cheese and topped with pico de gallo.
- 3 small spaghetti squash (24 oz each)
- olive oil spray
- 1 pound 93% ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons bell pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup part-skim shredded Mexican cheese blend (omit for W30)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper (or two if they don’t fit). Cut the squash in half lengthwise, and use a spoon to scrape out the seeds and soft yellow strands. Spray the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place the squash facedown on the baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes or until the flesh easily pierces with a fork.
Meanwhile, brown turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks. When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well. Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
Combine the ingredients for the quick pico de gallo in a medium bowl. Set aside in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Once the squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to scrape the inside so the strands appear. Spoon scant 1/2 cup meat inside each squash bowl. Top each with 2 tbsp cheese and transfer them to the oven and bake another 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven, top with pico de gallo and serve immediately!
You'll also love
- Sweet Potato Baked Ziti 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Cheesy Skillet Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Cauliflower Mac 'n Cheese Casserole 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Garlic Chicken Primavera 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sausage, Shrimp & Quinoa Skillet 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Stuffed Zucchini 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Creepy Caterpillar Recipe 4.6/5 (5 Votes)