Chicken and Asparagus Crepes
Perfect springtime supper, or even for a lazy brunch, these chicken and asparagus crepes and easy to make, and delicious to eat! Serve with a side of fresh fruit.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more for the dish
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill, chives or mint)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 store-bought crepes (about 9-inches each)
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Butter a large baking dish. Combine the chicken, ricotta, 1/2 cup parmesan, 3 tablespoons herbs, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1/4 cup filling across the lower half of each crepe; roll up to enclose the filling. Place the crepes, seam-side down, in the baking dish. Cover with foil and bake until the filling is hot, about 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, melt 3 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and cook until it softens, about 1 minute. Add the asparagus and cook until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chicken broth, lemon zest and the remaining 1 tablespoon herbs and simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Divide the crepes among plates, top with the asparagus and sauce, and sprinkle with parmesan.
You'll also love
- Cajun Chicken Stuffed with Pepper... 4/5 (104 Votes)
- Breakfast Casserole 4.6/5 (53 Votes)
- Fiesta Buttermilk Ranch Chicken... 4.6/5 (50 Votes)
- Easy Roast Chicken 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Baked Apple Pie Roll-Ups 4.2/5 (88 Votes)
- Red Velvet Crepes with Raspberry &... 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Bacon Asparagus Pastry Twists 5/5 (8 Votes)
- Mozzarella, Chicken and Asparagus... 4.5/5 (43 Votes)