Slow Cooker Chicken & Pork Brunswick Stew
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons jarred beef soup base
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and coarsely chopped/shredded
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen white shoepeg or whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen cream-style corn, thawed (or 1 8 oz. can cream style corn)
- 1 (9-oz.) package frozen baby lima beans, cooked
- 1 (12-oz.) bottle chili sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 pound chopped barbecued pulled pork (without sauce)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Hot sauce (optional)
1. Sauté onions and garlic in hot oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until tender.
2. Stir together beef soup base, broth and water, mixing well. Combine chicken & remaining ingredients and add to slow cooker.
3. Add broth mixture and onion mixture and pour over all ingredients, mixing well.
4. Cover and cook on high 1 hour. Reduce heat to low and cook an additional 5-1/2 hrs. Great with cornbread!
You'll also love
- Quick & Easy Pressure Cooker... 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork Tenderloin and Mushroom Stew... 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- HERB PULLED PORK 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Stuffed Veal Breast 0/5 (0 Votes)
- TEX MEX PULLED PORK 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Easier Chicken Cacciatore 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linda’s Noodle Kugel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon Croquettes 0/5 (0 Votes)