Hard-Boiled Eggs in an 8-Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
My times weren't matching other times posted online for pressure cooking hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. It occurred to me that perhaps there is a difference in times between a 6 quart and 8 quart Instant Pot. So, here is my method for the 8 quart model. Hard-Boiled Eggs in an 8-Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker is the best way to hard-boil eggs with steam, quickly and efficiently.
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup of water
- rack Insert for Instant Pot or another steamer rack
- ice water bath large enough to hold all of the eggs
Preparation time 1mins
Cooking time 12mins
Pour 1 cup of water into the cooking pot of the Instant Pot.
Place the rack in the pot with the handles pointing up.
Place the eggs on the rack, preferably not touching one another.
Properly place the lid in the locked position.
Set the Instant Pot to low pressure for 9 minutes.
Quick-release all of the pressure when cooking time is completed and the pot beeps.
Remove the eggs carefully because the eggs, rack, and pot will still be very hot, and plunge them into the ice water bath. Let the eggs completely cool before drying and storing in the refrigerator.
You'll also love
- Krispy Easter Eggs 4.5/5 (203 Votes)
- Marbled Easter Egg Truffles 4.5/5 (183 Votes)
- Rum & Coke Jello Shots 4.1/5 (95 Votes)
- 3-Ingredient Simply Great Chicken 4.3/5 (63 Votes)
- Cauliflower Hummus 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Desserts - Gluten-Free Blueberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Tacos & Radish Salsa with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)