This Cajun inspired dish practically makes itself! Simply add the ingredients in the slow cooker and your cooker does the rest.
- 1 pound medium shrimp, deveined, fresh or frozen - thawed if frozen
- 6 ounces andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 cup okra, fresh or frozen sliced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon file (fil a) powder or cornstarch
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 270mins
In 6 quart slow cooker, combine first 9 ingredients, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on low 4 hours (just until shrimp is opaque).
Stir in file powder. Cook until slightly thickened, 3 min. , stirring. Discard bay leaf. Serve over cauliflower rice, if desired.