65-Calorie 2 “Point” Peppermint Mocha – Including the Whip!
Keep warm and guilt free with this low cal version of peppermint mocha topped with whipped cream. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (Hershey’s brand Special Dark works best)
- 2 tablespoons no-calorie sweetener (or 3 packets)
- 1/4 rounded teaspoon cornstarch
- 2/3 cup warm water
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons light whipped cream (from aerosol can)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 5mins
Place cocoa powder, sweetener, and cornstarch in a microwave-safe coffee mug. Whisk in water and instant coffee if desired. Place cup in the microwave and heat on high for one minute (it’s good to keep an eye on to be sure it does not boil over. (Alternatively, you can heat the mixture in a small pot).
Remove from heat and stir in peppermint and milk. Return to microwave for 30 seconds. Top with whipped cream and enjoy!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories 65 | Carbohydrate 9g (Sugars 3.5 g) Total Fat 2g (Sat Fat 1g) | Protein 3g | Sodium 20 mg | Fiber 1.5 gms | Food Exchanges: 1/4 Low-Fat Milk, 1/2 Fat, Carbohydrate Choices: 1/2 | Weight Watcher Point Plus Comparison: 1 Weight Watcher Smart Point Comparison = 2!