Pesto Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo
Shredded precooked chicken (or turkey) and penne pasta is bathed in a creamy and savory sauce of yogurt, pesto and parmesan cheese.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey, shredded
- 4 cups cooked broccoli florets
- 2 cups Dannon® Oikos® Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 pound cooked penne or fettuccine
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from oikosyogurt.com
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Melt butter in a large pot; add flour and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, whisking to blend. Bring to a boil and allow to thicken slightly. Add cooked broccoli, and chicken and heat through. Remove from heat.
While off the heat, stir in the yogurt, pesto and the parmesan cheese, and heat slightly. Toss with the cooked pasta.
You can easily cook the broccoli by adding to the pasta during the last 2 minutes of cooking time, and drain together.
You'll also love
- Nihari 4/5 (7 Votes)
- Spinach Souffle Quiche 3.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Lemony one pan orecchiette with... 3.9/5 (33 Votes)
- Easy Chicken and Waffles 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Korean Broccoli Namul 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Moist & Juicy Baked Chicken Breasts 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Capellini with Pine Nuts,... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp with Pesto 3.8/5 (4 Votes)