Lemon Melting Moments
Need a new cookie recipe? These lemon cookies are light and their buttery lemon filling will have you cleaning out the bowl with your fingers.
- 7/8 cup unsalted butter, room temperature, 14 tablespoons
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- Juice of one lemon
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat oven to 300°F.
In a large bowl cream the butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy on a medium setting, roughly 3 minutes. Reduce the speed to low and incorporate the vanilla and lemon zest, scraping down the sides as you go. Sift the flower and cornstarch into the mixture and beat on a low setting until just combined.
Take small portions of the mixture and roll into balls until you have 25 to 30 pieces. (I made mine quite large, I ended up with roughly 23.) If you want them to be as even as possible, roll out the mixture until it forms a log then use a clean knife to section into 30 pieces.
Place the pieces on a baking tray lined with wax paper, gently press on each piece with a fork until it has left an imprint. You can also press on them gently with your fingers, if you do not wish to leave an imprint.
Bake for 20 minutes. Let them cool completely.
For the filling beat the sugar, butter and lemon juice on a medium setting until incorporated. Use the back of a spoon, or a knife to ice one side of the cookie then sandwich them together. Try to find two which are similar sizes.
The cookies can be kept for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
Comments have been left stating an extra 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar was required for a thicker icing sugar. Please keep this in mind if a thicker consistency is preferred.
You'll also love
- Panera Bread™ Tomato Soup... 4.1/5 (71 Votes)
- Shrimp Boil Foil Packets 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Carrot Cake In A Mug 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Pie With... 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Buttery Lemon Chicken 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Classic Egg Salad 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Easy Blueberry-Lemon Pound Cake 4.5/5 (33 Votes)