Penne with Spinach, Shrimp, Tomatoes and Basil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large plum tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 cups (packed) baby spinach leaves (about 6 ounces)
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Ladle 1 cup pasta cooking liquid into small bowl and reserve. Drain pasta. Return pasta to pot; cover to keep hot.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and garlic to skillet and sauté 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, 4 tablespoons basil, lemon juice and lemon peel and sauté until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 minutes.
Add spinach leaves to hot pasta; toss until spinach wilts. Add shrimp mixture and toss to blend. Add enough of reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer pasta to bowl.
Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons basil and serve.
You'll also love
- Ma Ma's Mirliton, Shrimp and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chipotle Baked Fish 0/5 (0 Votes)
- butternut squash soup 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Banana Bread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Creamed Kale with Caramelized... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fettuccine with Crab and Fennel 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chili-Garlic Prawns with Chinese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp 0/5 (0 Votes)