Tortellini with Tex Mex Creme Sauce
- 18 ounce cheese tortelloni; cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallions; sliced
- 1 jalapeno peppers; seeded, sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoon garlic; minced
- 16 ounce crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cilantro (fresh); chopped
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add scallions, jalapeno, and garlic.
Stir over medium heat 1 minute or fragrant.
Stir in tomatoes and salt, bring to a simmer and simmer 1 minute or until
slightly thickened. Add cream cheese; stir until cheese melts. Remove from
heat and stir in cilantro.
Spoon tortellini into serving bowls; top with sauce and garnish with