Patagonian Scallops, Lemon and Olive Oil
- 240 g Patagonian Scallops (120 to 150 ct)
- 1 fresh lemon, juice and zest
- 4 leaves radicchio (fine chiffonade)
- 200 ml olive oil (for dressing and sautéing)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 1/4 bunch fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 g sea salt
- 3 ml cracked white pepper
- 250 g tagliatelle, or fettucini pasta
1.Bring 3 liters of water to a boil. In a heavy bottom pan over medium heat gently sauté garlic until aromatic but not colored.
2.Remove to mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and slowly whisk in 150 ml of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Reserve for later.
3.In a heavy bottom pan over high heat, add 25 ml of olive oil and quickly add scallops.
4.Season with sea salt and pepper. Cook for 30 seconds and then shake pan and allow to cook for another 20-30 seconds.
5.Add chiffonade of Radicchio and immediately take off heat.
6.Shake well and remove contents to reserve warm.
7.Cook pasta as per manufacturers instructions in boiling water and toss with Lemon Oil mixture.
8.Divide immediately among four plates and top with scallops and radicchio and leaves of parsley.
9.Add a pinch of lemon zest. Serve at once.
You'll also love
- Key Lime No Cook Pie- Nellie &... 3.7/5 (50 Votes)
- Swineapple 3.8/5 (95 Votes)
- Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash 4.5/5 (16 Votes)
- Cornmeal tortillas 3.8/5 (48 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Salmon Spinach Pasta 3.9/5 (39 Votes)
- Spiced Crab Apples 3.8/5 (67 Votes)
- Sun-Drop Pound Cake 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Ginger and Pink Grapefruit... 4.6/5 (7 Votes)