Lemon Icebox Pie
- 3 egg whites
- dash cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 baked & cooled 9-inch pie shell or Graham cracker crust
1.Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until frothy, slowly adding sugar until soft peaks form. Still whipping, slowly add the lemon juice, then the peel. The mixture will deflate a bit as you do this: don't worry!
2. In a separate bowl, whip the cream. Fold it into the lemon mixture and spoon it into the prepared pie shell. Freeze at least 3 hours or up to 3 days.
3. Remove from freezer about an hour before serving. Slices should be cold but not frozen solid.