Sausage Mushroom Quiche
I adapted this recipe from one that I found on Taste of Home based on ingredients that I had in my kitchen and the results were so good I wanted to pass it along. Enjoy!
- 1 pound breakfast sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4-ounces) cheese, shredded (Swiss or 4 cheese Mexican)
- 1 can (4-ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 frozen deep-dish pastry shell (9-inch) optional
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 ccup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
In a large bowl, combine the sausage, cheese, mushrooms, green pepper and onion; sprinkle into greased pie plate (or pastry shell).
In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard, salt and pepper; pour over sausage mixture.
Bake at 375°F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
You'll also love
- Bunny Bum Cupcakes 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Drunken Beans (Cook's Illustrated) 4.3/5 (25 Votes)
- Spaghetti Squash Au Gratin 4.6/5 (15 Votes)
- Cream of Corn Cheese Soup 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Pesto Chicken Meatballs 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Leek and Mushroom Chicken Skillet 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Turkey Vegetable Soup with... 4.6/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple-Sausage Sauté 4.6/5 (13 Votes)