Chicken Cordon Bleu
A classic, and for good reason; Chicken that is crisp and crunchy on the outside reveals savory ham and melting cheese on the inside. The creamy sauce on top adds a touch of elegance.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 thin slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup dry, seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/4 cups milk, heated
- black pepper
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 27mins
1. Preheat oven to 475°F. Place chicken breasts in heavy freezer bag. Pound with flat side of mallet to
1/4 inch thickness.
2. Layer ham, then cheese on each breast, leaving 1/4 inch margin on all sides. Tuck in long sides slightly. Roll up; secure with toothpicks.
3. Place 1/4 cup flour, egg and bread crumbs in individual shallow bowls. Roll chicken in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs
4. In large ovenproof skillet over medium—high, heat 1 tbsp each butter and oil. Add rolls and cook, turning so that all sides are well browned, about 4 minutes.
5. Place skillet in oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, about 7 minutes. Remove toothpicks.
6. Meanwhile, in saucepan over medium heat, melt remaining butter. Add remaining flour and cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly, about 2 minutes. Add hot milk,bring to boil, stirring constantly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring, 2-3 minutes more, until sauce is thickened. Serve with chicken.
You'll also love
- Mexican Crock Pot Chicken with... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Easy Broiled Lobster Tails 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Skillet Chicken with Broccoli,... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Mexican Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake 4.5/5 (30 Votes)
- Cherry-Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce... 4.3/5 (39 Votes)
- Honey Chipotle Chicken Tenders 4.5/5 (25 Votes)
- Baked Honey-Apricot Chicken Tenders 4.7/5 (15 Votes)