Banana Raisin Muffins
Super moist and delicious Banana Raisin Muffins are awesome served warm with a cup of hot coffee or cold glass of milk. Enjoy!
- 2 cup self-rising flour (all-purpose flour can be used for a smaller, denser muffin)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup oat bran (I used Quaker Oat Bran "hot cereal" type)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup mashed banana (2 small ripe bananas)
- 1/2 cup raisins, unpacked
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Stir in oat bran. Make a well in center.
Into the well, add applesauce, oil, egg, skim milk, maple syrup, banana and raisins. Use a large table fork to mix until just combined.
Into each muffin cup, spoon in batter (a cookie scoop may be easier to use).
Bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove muffins from pan onto wire racks to cool.
You'll also love
- Pickled Red Onions 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Vanilla Bean Pecan Butter 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Broccoli fish bake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Beer in the Butt Chicken & Drippin... 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple and Carrot Salad 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken In White Wine-Yogurt Sauce 3.9/5 (17 Votes)
- Orange Blossom Bundt Cake 4.3/5 (8 Votes)
- Bread maker Pretzel Bites 4.1/5 (36 Votes)