Dried Banana Chips
Dried banana chips contain negligible oil, while still retaining the taste of crispy and sweet flavored banana chips. Hence, if you are watching your diet and do not prefer having banana chips fried in oil, consider dried banana chips made by baking in oven.
- 4 ripe bananas
- Spray oil
- Fresh lemon juice
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 100mins
Preheat oven to a temperature of about 150° F.
Prepare a baking sheet with non stick spray.
Using a chip slicer or slice with a knife, prepare regularly thick banana slices, about ¼ inch thick.
Lay the banana slices on the sheet, making sure that they are not overcrowded.
After you are done arranging the banana slices, sprinkle fresh lemon juice. This will give a desirable color to the chips, while preventing them from browning.
Place the sheet with the banana slices in the oven and cook for about 1 hour. Then, check whether the banana slices are dehydrated completely or not.
If required, bake the banana chips for another half an hour. By this time, your chips will be dried and crispy. Remove the sheet from the oven and carefully lift the banana chips with a wooden spatula. Allow them to cool down before transferring in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Penne Carbonara 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Basa Fish: Cheesy Baked 4.1/5 (18 Votes)
- Djuvec - Serbian Casserole 4.1/5 (21 Votes)
- Portuguese-style Shrimp in Garlic 3.7/5 (58 Votes)
- Classic New York Style Cherry... 3.8/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Pumpkin Banana Bread (No Sugar... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)