Famous Dave's Bread Pudding
Sure to please, this bread pudding delights with cinnamon, heavy cream and lots of vanilla! The praline sauce recipe makes lots - and you’ll be happy!
- Bread Pudding:
- Butter to coat baking dish
- 1 loaf Pepperidge Farm cinnamon-swirl bread
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup vanilla extract
- 8 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Praline Sauce:
- 2 cups unsalted butter, cubed, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 pounds light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Adapted from tablespoon.com
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Coat bottom and sides of a 2" deep (large) baking dish heavily with butter.
Tear bread into 1" pieces. Mix with raisins and spread evenly in prepared dish, turning crusts side down to prevent burning.
Whisk sugar, milk, whipping cream, vanilla, eggs and cinnamon until blended. Pour over bread mixture.
Place baking dish in a 4" deep baking pan. Add water to reach halfway up side of the baking dish. Bake 1 hour.
Remove from water bath and let stand until cool. Spoon into dessert bowls, warm in the microwave and drizzle with warm praline sauce. Top with whipped cream and add a scoop of ice cream, if desired.
Heat 1 cup butter in large saucepan until melted. Add pecans and mix well.
Bring to a boil. Cook until pecans begin to change color. Mixture will foam over, so use a large saucepan.
Add remaining butter and mix well. This will cool the pecan mixture and stop the cooking process. Remove from heat.
Combine brown sugar, whipping cream and cinnamon in a saucepan and mix well. Cook over low heat until blended, stirring constantly.
Increase heat. Cook to 230°F on a candy thermometer.
Stir in pecan mixture. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Remove from heat.
You'll also love
- Popcorn Chicken & Honey Dill Sauce 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge... 4.6/5 (42 Votes)
- Patriotic Berry Trifle 4.5/5 (51 Votes)
- White Chocolate Strawberry Tiramisu 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- The Perfect Purple Martini 4.6/5 (44 Votes)
- Wild Blueberry and Lemon Meringue... 4.6/5 (49 Votes)
- Moist Coconut Cake 4.6/5 (45 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Jello Shots 4.5/5 (50 Votes)