Cherry Tea Cakes
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons maraschino cherry liquid
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 or 4 drops red food color
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup drained maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
Cooking time 100mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
1 Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, beat powdered sugar, butter, cherry liquid, almond extract and food color with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. On low speed, beat in flour and salt. Stir in cherries.
2 Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls 2 inches apart.
3 Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 20 to 30 minutes.
4 In 1-quart resealable freezer plastic bag, place baking chips; seal bag. Microwave on High 35 to 50 seconds, squeezing chips in bag every 15 seconds, until chips are melted and smooth. Cut small tip from bottom corner of bag; drizzle melted chips over cookies.
You'll also love
- Lemon Burst Cake Mix Cookies 4.5/5 (138 Votes)
- Cake Mix: Caramel Apple Cupcakes 4.6/5 (135 Votes)
Review this recipe