Delicious Fried Chicken Breast
Better than fast food takeout, brining is the key to this tender juicy chicken, any leftovers can be stuffed in between a crusty bun topped with mayo, mustard and a leaf of lettuce, this also works well using bone-on chicken pieces but frying time will need to be adjusted --- plan ahead the chicken needs to soak in the buttermilk for 8-24 hours (24 hours is even better). Try to purchase large thick chicken breasts for this to make the slicing in half easier, use a sharp knife for slicing. I usually serve this with my Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy --- if you cannot find Old Bay seasoning, use 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt in place of regular salt --- you will *love* this fried chicken! :)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic powder (garlic lovers use 3 teaspoons)
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or adjust to heat level)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 teaspoons salt (you can reduce to 2 teaspoons if desired)
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon celery powder
- oil (for frying, do not use olive oil)
Preparation time 1440mins
Cooking time 1456mins
Soak the chicken breasts in the buttermilk and salt for 8-24 hours.
When ready to make the breasts, mix all coating ingredients together, and coat each chicken breast.
Place oil in a 10-inch heavy-bottomed skillet up to about 1/3 of the pan.
Heat to about 350°F, then reduce heat a bit just before frying the breasts.
Cook/fry about 8 minutes per side.
NOTE* reduce the heat if you find that the chicken is browning too much, careful not to over brown.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Sausage, Egg & Biscuit Casserole 4.5/5 (706 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (678 Votes)
- Crazy Good Chicken Casserole 4.5/5 (395 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)