Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Comfort food doesn't get any easier than this Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings! It's a hearty and delicious recipe that will have your family begging for more!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
- 1 soup can water (use the empty soup can to measure)
- 2 tubes (10 oz. each) refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
- Chopped parsley, for serving (optional)
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 370mins
•Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle with the poultry seasoning, paprika and pepper.
•In a medium bowl, whisk together the 2 cans of soup, chicken broth and water; pour the mixture over the chicken in the slow cooker.
•Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours on HIGH.
•About 90 minutes before serving, remove the chicken from the slow cooker and roughly chop into pieces. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Add the torn biscuit dough, pressing down gently to make sure they are all submerged. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
•To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley.