Grilled Teriyaki Chicken with Chile Orange Compote
- 1 1/2 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup sake or mirin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup ginger, minced
- 8-10 chicken breasts, skin on
- 14 oranges, segmented
- 1 tsp. chile oil or sambal
- 2 Tbsp. ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 jalapeños, chopped
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped plus more to garnish
Marinate the breasts for 1-2 hours in half of the teriyaki sauce, turning at least once. Reduce the other half of the marinade on the stove until you have a light syrupy consistency.
Grill the chicken so that outer layer has a nice crispy look to it and then transfer to a roasting pan. Glaze with Teriyaki sauce and finish in a 400 degree oven until the chicken is cooked through and the glaze is nice and gooey – you may need to brush more sauce on half way through cooking.
For the compote
Combine all ingredients together and adjust spice as desired. DO NOT COOK.
I used a whole chicken cut up in pieces.
You'll also love
- Chicken Fricassee and Herb... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Jalapeno Buffalo Ranch Chicken... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken - NuWave oven 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken and Apple Skewers 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Dip 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Balsamic Chicken Thighs 4.4/5 (7 Votes)
- Honey-Mustard Chicken Recipe 4.4/5 (7 Votes)