Balsamic Chicken Thighs
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil $0.32
- 2 cloves garlic $0.16
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar $0.80
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar $0.04
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce $0.10
- Freshly cracked black pepper $0.10
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs $2.40
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional) $0.25
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
1. Mince the garlic and combine it in a bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce, and a healthy dose of freshly cracked pepper (about 20 cranks of a pepper mill).
2. Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish or heavy duty zip top bag and pour the marinade over top. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator for 1 to 8 hours. (You can do this before you leave for work in the morning.)
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Pour the chicken and marinade into a baking dish. Place the chicken in the oven and bake for 45 minutes. Use a spoon or baster to bathe the chicken with the juices from the bottom of the dish once or twice during baking.
4. Remove the chicken from the oven after 45 minutes and sprinkle a handful of freshly chopped parsley over top.
This marinade would be enough to flavor six boneless, skinless chicken thighs, if needed.