Pineapple-Lime Cranberry Sauce
Country Home, November 2008
- 1 12-oz . pkg. fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 8-oz . can pineapple tidbits (juice-pack), undrained
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped*
- 2 tsp. finely shredded lime peel
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg or cinnamon
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 25mins
In a large skillet combine cranberries, undrained pineapple, sugars, water, jalapeño pepper, lime peel, and nutmeg. Bring to boiling over
medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar.
Boil gently, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring occasionally. (Sauce will continue to thicken as it cools.)
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature, about 45 minutes. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 1 week.