Lemony Ricotta Summer Squash Galette
Make the most of fresh and in-season veggies, such as zucchini and summer squash, in this pretty galette. Use refrigerated piecrust to take all the work out of this easy and delicious summer dinner.
- 2 medium zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced (2 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 15 ounce packagerolled refrigerated unbaked piecrust
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg yolk
1. Sprinkle zucchini lightly with salt. Transfer to a colander; drain for 15 minutes. Pat dry with paper towels. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Meanwhile, on a large piece of lightly floured parchment paper, roll pie dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer parchment and dough to a large baking sheet; set aside.
3. For ricotta filling, in a medium bowl whisk together ricotta, Parmesan, mozzarella, garlic, 1 tsp. of the olive oil, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Using a spatula, spread over dough, leaving a 1 1/2 inch border. Top with squash rounds. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Gently fold over pastry edge, pleating as necessary.
4. In a small bowl whisk egg yolk and 1 tsp. water. Lightly brush pastry edges with egg mixture. Transfer galette to oven. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Sprinkle with dill weed, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Avocados with Cilantro (or... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Date and Walnut Sandwich Cookies 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Banana Orange Smoothie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chunky artichoke penne 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Sauteed Pork Medallions with... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Moroccan Chicken and Butternut... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash... 4.5/5 (6 Votes)
- Shrimp Primavera with Carrot &... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)